The cabinet has approved a huge amount for the upgradation of our schools, which is great news for our educational institutions. Recently, state governments in India have taken several initiatives to improve and uplift schools. This is one of the projects that focuses on the financial needs of schools and their aspirations for the future. About 14,500 schools will be upgraded to model status under this programme. Many students will benefit from Pradhan Mantri Shri Scheme Central Government Sponsorship. In this article we will learn PM SHRI Schools Features, Objectives and Benefits. You will also discuss the applicability of this strategy.
About PM SHRI Schools
There is significant investment in school renovations and upgrades Pradhan Mantri Shri Scheme has begun. We can call this project as Haritha Vidyalaya initiative. All local schools will benefit from this program. More than 18 lakh students are expected to directly benefit from the programme. The Union Cabinet has approved the PM-Shri scheme to upgrade 14,500 schools at a cost of Rs 27,360 crore over a five-year period.
The already existing governance framework for comprehensive punishment, KVS and NVS will be used to implement it. PM SHRI Schools. As mentioned in the ministry’s statement, “Other autonomous bodies will be engaged on a project-specific basis as per requirement.” These schools will become role models for others to follow due to their state-of-the-art facilities, teaching strategies and technological advancements.
PM Yasavi Scheme
PM Shri inaugurated the school portal
Today, November 3, 2022, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Pradhan Mantri Schools for Rising India (PM SHRI) schools selection portal. At the portal pmshrischools.education.gov.in, state governments can apply online. Through the portal, state governments can select schools to become PM SHRI schools. Schools can help show how National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 came into being and it will become a model for other schools.
Overview of PM SHRI Schools
|Name of the scheme||PM Shri Schools|
|Launched by||Central Govt|
|Day of unloading||September 2022|
|Objectives||Reform of schools|
Objectives of PM SHRI Schools
The main objective of the Pradhan Mantri Shree scheme is to make the existing schools in the country of a better grade by providing proper assistance so that they can compete with international level education across the world. The plan emphasizes not only funding and basic education, but also forward-thinking elements such as creating an environment-friendly environment in educational institutions. Emphasis is placed not only on the teaching to be delivered, but also on the outcomes for students at each grade level.
PM Cares for Children Yojana
Benefits and features PM SHRI Schools
- The PM-Shri scheme is to upgrade 14,500 schools at a cost of Rs 27,360 crore over a period of five years.
- PM SHRI schools will lead other regional schools.
- ICT (Information and Communications Technology), smart classrooms, digital libraries, scientific laboratories and vocational labs will all be set up in schools participating in the Pradhan Mantri Shree Yojana programme.
- PM SHRI will provide high-quality education in an equitable and joyful school environment that respects children’s unique backgrounds, language needs, and academic abilities and makes them active participants in their own learning process.
- PM SHRI provides high-quality education in an equitable, inclusive, and joyful school environment that respects children’s unique backgrounds, language needs, and academic abilities and makes them active participants in their own learning process.
- Schools will be developed into eco-schools with solar panels and LED lights, nutrition gardens with organic farming, waste management, plastic-free, water conservation and harvesting.
- Further study of environmental activities, workshops related to climate change and effective knowledge management to adopt a healthy approach will all come under this scheme.
- The teaching of these schools will be experiential, holistic, integrated, play/play-based, inquiry-driven, discovery-based, learner-centred, discussion-based, adaptive and joyful.
- Each grade will focus on learning outcomes. All assessments will be competency-based and focus on conceptual understanding and real-life application.
- Existing resources and their effectiveness will be assessed for each sector and its key performance indicators, and deficiencies will be addressed in a systematic and planned manner.
- Under this scheme, entrepreneurship opportunities, especially with local industry,
- Linking up with sector skills councils and local industry will improve job prospects and career alternatives.
PM SHRI School Scheme Interventions
The key illustrative interventions of the schools scheme are as follows:
- Most importantly, as we all know, improving the existing infrastructure is the most urgent need of the country.
- Learning Enhancement Programme, Holistic Progress Card, Innovative Teaching, Internship with local artisans and capacity building. All these will help the students to shape their career.
- PM SHRI will provide science and math kits to schools.
- Annual Educational Grants
- Appropriate early childhood development infrastructure for girls and CWSN
- Implementing technology interventions to help overcome language barriers while educating students.
- Implementation of digital pedagogy requires ICT, smart classrooms and digital libraries. ICT, smart classrooms and digital initiatives will be implemented in each PM Shri School.
- All schools will have science laboratories, a library, ICT facilities, vocational labs and other facilities.
National Scholarship Portal
Quality Assurance of PM SHRI Schools
- Student Registry for NEP 2020 enrollment and study purposes.
- Each child’s academic performance should be above the state and national average. This means that it also focuses on student grades.
- Every middle school learns 21st century skills, and every high schooler has at least one.
- Each youth will receive training and participation in sports, arts and ICT
- School sustainability.
- Colleges will provide guidance for each school.
- All schools will be guided by higher schools/ institutes.
- Each youth receives psychological and professional counselors.
- Students will be rooted in India’s knowledge and heritage.
- To make students aware of India’s contribution to the world, aware of their responsibilities towards society, living beings and environment, able to communicate in Indian languages, inclusive, egalitarian, unity in diversity, service oriented.
- Personality and civic ideals towards nation-building tasks
PM SHRI Schools Application Procedure
Schools can apply themselves on the scheme’s website. Three-stage Selection Process for PM SHRI Schools:
- States or territories fully implement the NEP, and the Center helps schools achieve quality assurance.
- PM-SHRI will select applicants using basic criteria. Pool schools face challenges. Conditions are checked physically.
- The selected schools will compete against each other in an attempt to meet the challenging conditions of the central government.
Login for PM Shree School National/State/District Users
- Any registered national, state or district user who wants to login must visit PM SHIRI Schools Official website.
- On the homepage, click the login button for national or state and district users.
- After that, the user has to enter their registered cellphone number on a new page.
- OTP will be sent and user must confirm its receipt.
- Then the user will be successfully logged in.
PM Shree School Login for School Users
- School users who want to login must visit PMC Schools. Official website.
- For school users they should find the login option and click on the homepage.
- A new page will load and users must enter the UDISC code and HM’s cell phone number.
- Then click on OTP Transmit button.
- Accept the OTP and the user will be successfully logged in as a school user.