Gruha Lakshmi Yojana Karnataka: The Congress party of Karnataka announced recently the launch the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana in an effort to empower women and promote equality. D.K. Shivakum, the state Congress President, launched the scheme to help women who run their household on 18 March 2022. The Gruha Lakshmi Yojana aims to alleviate the financial insecurity of many women, who are often the main breadwinners for their families. The scheme provides eligible women with a cash reward of Rs. The scheme will provide a cash incentive of Rs. Around 2 lakh women are expected to benefit from the scheme across the entire state.
This yojana has been announced during the assembly elections. The government has started the Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme 2023 Application Form from 19th of July 2023. On the official website, the link for applying to this scheme has been activated. Candidates who are eligible can submit their application before the deadline and read more in the section below.
Gruha Lakshmi Yojana Karnataka Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria must be satisfied to be eligible for the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana:
- Applicant:- This scheme aims to empower women and only one woman can apply per family.
- Head Of the Family :- In order to be eligible for this scheme, you must be the head or the family. The scheme is designed to help and support women who manage their households and families.
- Resident :- To be eligible, the applicant must reside in Karnataka. The scheme is targeted at women in Karnataka, and the resources of the state are used effectively.
- Income:- A family’s annual income should not exceed Rs. The scheme is only open to families with an annual income below Rs. The scheme is designed to help families who are financially weaker, and need financial support.
- Existing Beneficiaries :- Applicants should not have received any other similar welfare scheme by the central or state government. The scheme benefits will be targeted at families who are not getting benefits from other similar schemes, and the benefits will be distributed in a fair manner.
The Gruha Lakshmi Yojana, by establishing these eligibility criteria ensures that benefits are only given to women who are in need and that state resources are used effectively. The scheme also aims at creating a sense empowerment and financial freedom among women. This can transform their lives as well as the lives of their family.
Objectives of Gruha Lakshmi Yojana Karnataka
The Gruha Lakshmi Yojana aims to achieve the following goals:
- Reducing Poverty :- This scheme is designed to reduce poverty through financial support to families that are struggling.
- Empowering Housewives: This scheme aims to empower housewives through financial support, allowing them to contribute more to the family income and improve overall financial conditions.
- Promoting Gender Equality :- This scheme aims to promote gender equality by recognising the contribution made by housewives in their families, and giving them financial support.
Benefits of Gruha Lakshmi Yojana
- Karnataka housewives will receive Rs.2,000 free per month, which is equivalent to 24000 rupees a year.
- This Scheme will also benefit women who are landless and agricultural workers.
- The amount will be directly transferred to their bank account through DBT mode.
- Under the Shram Shakti Yojana, free skill development training will be provided.
- Congress increased the subsidy to Rs 2000 per month. Earlier it was Rs 1500.
- Women will be able fulfill their needs and buy the essentials.
Documents required for the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana
- 2 Passport Size Photographs
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Voter ID Card
- Address proof
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account
- Bank Passbook
- Ration card
- Parivar Register
- Domicile Certificate
Steps to Apply Online for Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme 2023
- First of all, you have to visit the Karnataka Seva Sindhu Website by clicking on the link https://sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in/
- Download the Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme 2023 Application Form from the website
- Fill in all the required details.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Click on the Submit option.
- Also take a print out of your application form for future reference.
- The authorities will verify the application and documents submitted by the you.
- After the verification, the cash incentive amount of Rs 2000 will be directly transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account.
Offline Process to apply for the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana Karnataka
- First of all, you have to visit the Karnataka One Center.
- Collect the Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme 2023 Application Form from there.
- Fill the application form.
- Attach all documents needed for this scheme.
- Submit the completed application form along with all the required documents to the Karnataka One Center.
- The authorities will verify the application and documents submitted by you.
- After the verification, The cash incentive of Rs. 2000/- will be directly transferred to your bank account.