Union Bank of India Saving Account: Saving Account Types, Eligibility Benefits 2023. Union Bank of India (UBI) Online Account Opening at https://www.unionbankofindia.co.in/english/saving-account.aspx
Union Bank No India Online Account Opening
Union Bank offers equal opportunities to all Indian citizens to open a savings account with the bank. UBI savings account has many benefits attached where customers can save, transfer and pay bills through the savings account.
Applicants can avail other services like online banking and insurance services and earn points from their debit/credit card. Union Bank has a separate savings account, which applicants can apply for through online mode through the banks website.
Types of Union Bank Savings Accounts
Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
- The applicant does not need to maintain any balance in this type of account.
- User will enjoy services like cash deposit, cash withdrawal credit/receipt for all funds transacted through electronic payment.
- Union Bank has a savings limit every month.
- Cardholders are allowed a maximum of four withdrawals per month (branches and ATMs).
- The Bank does not levy any charges for any service provided under these accounts. There is no charge for inactive accounts for basic account holders.
Regular savings bank account
- A regular savings account offers services to applicants anywhere anytime. Users can bank through bank branches, net banking and phone banking.
- Banks provide debit cards to account holders without any charges. They can earn points after using the card for various activities.
- A new savings account for students is attached to the regular account Zero balance facility.
- Once you open a regular savings bank account the applicant will get two free check books every year, free accident insurance cover on use of debit card.
- Account has U-mobile facility to help with other banking services.
Union Savings Flexi Deposit Account
- Union provides a free debit card to the Flexi Deposit account holder.
- Customers registering for this account will benefit from a passbook, which contains information about SB Flexi Account, FD Flexi Account and any TDS adjustments.
- The bank will issue five check books per year free of cost; Users can also use the NEFT/RTGS facility, which is also free.
- Once the account reaches maturity, the customer can roll over their deposit and for another term.
Documents required for opening any of the above savings accounts
New customers applying for a bank account need to provide several documents to complete the application.
For individual and joint applicants
- ID Proof: Applicant can provide Passport, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, DL or Job Card issued by NREGA.
- address proof:Passport, Voter ID, DL Job Card provided by NREGA or Aadhaar Card.
Non-Resident Indian Applicants
- Provide copy of passport or resident visa.
- Legal documents of foreign residence.
- Passport size photos
- NRI applicants should be introduced to the bank by Indian Embassy/Notary Public/Banker or local customer who has all legal KYC details.
How to open Union Bank Savings Account?
The Union Selfie
Union Bank has introduced an easy online way for customers to apply for a banking savings account.
- Go to your smartphone device and download the app from Play Store or App Store.
- Next, take a selfie and scan all your required documents.
- Submit the details the bank will verify the information and send you the account number.
- Visit the Union Bank website
- https://www.unionbankofindia.co.in/english/saving-account.aspx page;
- On the menu, select the Opening Account tab.
- Enter all the required details, make sure you have all the supporting documents.
- Next, visit the nearest Union Bank branch with all the documents for opening the account.
- Bank officials will verify the details and provide the account number.
Missed call services
Union Bank has an official toll free number 09223009696. Once you call the number, the bank will send a representative to open the account.
Branch of the bank
The applicant can visit the bank with all the legal documents; Bank officials will help you in every step and provide savings account number immediately.
- What is the interest rate on savings bank account?
Union Bank calculates interest daily but credits it to your account quarterly.
- Can I avail standing notice on savings account?
Yes, standing instructions are applicable to savings accounts; It can be used to transfer funds, pay bills etc.