The Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana is a government initiative in India aimed at promoting the use of solar energy across the country. The primary objective of this scheme is to encourage more people to install solar panels on their rooftops, reducing the demand for power from the grid station.
This scheme is a significant step toward encouraging the use of renewable energy sources, such as solar power, in India, which can help reduce the burden on the conventional power grid and contribute to a cleaner environment. Please note that you should visit the official website or contact the relevant authorities for the most up-to-date and accurate information on the Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana.
Overview of solarrooftop.gov.in Portal
- Scheme Name: Solar Rooftop Scheme
- Scheme Modification: Updated on 15th March
- Objectives: The primary aim of the Solar Rooftop Scheme is to promote and boost the adoption of solar energy in the country. This scheme likely encourages the installation of solar rooftop systems to harness renewable energy.
- Benefits: The scheme provides various benefits, with a key focus on subsidies. Subsidies can significantly reduce the upfront costs of installing solar rooftop systems, making them more accessible to a wider range of consumers.
- Website: For more detailed information and to participate in the scheme, you can visit the official website at solarrooftop.gov.in.
Benefits of Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana 2023
The Solar Rooftop Subsidy scheme offers several benefits:
- Land Conservation: Solar rooftop systems free up land that would otherwise be needed for power generation.
- Environmentally Friendly: Solar roof systems reduce the need for diesel generators, which helps save the environment.
- Cost-Effective for Commercial Organizations: Solar rooftop systems are cost-effective for commercial organizations as they can generate power when it’s needed the most.
- One-Time Investment: It’s a one-time investment that reduces utility expenses.
- Applicability: The subsidy applies to households, industries, and social structures (hospitals, schools, etc.).
- No Ongoing Costs: There are no ongoing costs after the installation.
- Reduced Carbon Emissions: This program helps reduce carbon emissions and combat global warming.
- Reduced Power Costs: Solar energy generated through this scheme costs just Rs. 6.50/kWh, which is significantly cheaper than power from diesel generators and standard grid power.
- National Investment: Under the National Solar Mission, the government has allocated a budget ranging from 600 to 5,000 crore over five years to support this program.
- Environmental Impact: The scheme contributes to reducing carbon emissions, which in turn helps in the global effort to combat climate change.
Objective of Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme
The main objective of the Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme is to encourage more people to use solar panels on their rooftops to reduce the reliance on the power grid.
Solar Rooftop Power Plant Details
here are details about a rooftop solar power plant:
- Required Space: To install a rooftop solar power plant, you would need approximately 100 square feet of space on your roof.
- Installation Cost: The cost for installing a rooftop solar power plant without any subsidies typically ranges from Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 70,000. This cost includes the solar panels, inverters, wiring, and installation labor.
- Subsidy Reduction: With government subsidies, you can reduce the cost of installation. After a 30% subsidy reduction, the cost would be reduced to around Rs. 42,000 to Rs. 49,000.
- Power Generation: To qualify for generation-based incentives, consumers typically need to generate between 1,100 to 1,500 kilowatt-hours (Kwh) per kilowatt-peak (Kwp) per annum. The actual requirement may vary based on local regulations and incentives.
- Income Generation: Under various schemes, consumers can earn approximately Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 3,000 per annum by selling excess electricity back to the grid or through net metering. The income can vary based on the actual energy production and electricity rates.
How to Apply Online for Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana:
- Visit the official website of the national portal for rooftop solar panels, through this link solarrooftop.gov.in.
- On the homepage, look for the register here or login here section.
- Select your state and the company responsible for distributing the solar panels.
- Enter your consumer account number from your electricity bill and the installation address.
- Download the “SANDES” app on your mobile device, which is used for QR code scanning during registration.
- Provide your mobile number, and you’ll receive an OTP (One-Time Password) on your mobile and email. Confirm the OTP to complete the registration process.
- After successful registration, return to the homepage.
- In the login section, enter your Consumer account number and registered mobile number to apply online through the National Solar Rooftop Portal.
Solar Rooftop Calculator:
You can also make use of the Solar Rooftop Calculator on the website to estimate the potential benefits and costs associated with installing a solar rooftop system. This calculator allows you to select your preferred solar panel capacity, budget, or roof area and input other relevant details to get an estimate.
State-Wise DISCOM Portal Links
The website provides links to state-wise DISCOM (Distribution Company) portals, where you can find information specific to your region.
DISCOMs Contact Details
It also offers contact details for grievance redressal and further inquiries. Please note that the information may change over time, so it’s advisable to check the official website for the most up-to-date details and application procedures.