The Punjab State Government launched the Connect Punjab portal to make the process of question registration easier. Connect Portal is a bridge between public authorities and the general population. The Punjab Complaint Portal is another way for the average person to resolve their complaint. In this article, we’ll share information about the ways to register a complaint on the Punjab Grievance Portal. What is the pertinence of joining Connect Punjab? What is the purpose of Connect Punjab Portal? In the next section of this article, you will find data of various realities.
Connect Punjab – connect.punjab.gov.in
The Punjab Government launched an entry to address complaints. This is done by listening to the voices of the people and reducing the distance between them and the government. This entry is called Connect Punjab. With the assistance of this gateway, you can easily register your complaint in online mode. The Connect Portal will make it simpler for representatives to communicate with the public and will allow them to use government offices more easily. Before the Punjab government launched this Connect Complaint Portal, residents had to file a complaint in the office if any administration representative did not carry out their responsibility. This has now been done on the internet.
- Name: Connect Punjab Grievance Portal
- Launched By: Public Grievance Redressal Department
- Year: 2022 Beneficiaries: People of Punjab
- Application Procedure: Online
- Objective: Registering Complaints Online
- Category: Punjab Government Schemes
- Official Website: connect.punjab.gov.in
You should fill out the Complaint Portal online form by entering a few details as shown below.
- Aadhar Card
- Private testament
- Protest archives
- Email ID
How to Register a Complaint on Connect Punjab Grievance Portal
To file a complaint on the Connect Punjab Grievance Portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of Connect Punjab. Its homepage will open.
- Click on the “Sign-Up” option, which will take you to a new page.
- Fill in your details like name, father’s name, email, mobile number, district, and tehsil on the form.
- Choose a password for your login and tick the checkbox. You’ll have two options to verify your Aadhaar:
- Verification by name
- Verification by OTP
- It’s recommended to select Aadhaar verification by OTP and click “Submit.”
- You’ll receive an OTP on your Aadhar-linked mobile number. Enter this OTP to successfully create your account.
- Go back to the homepage and click “Login.” You’ll be redirected to the login page.
- Enter your username (email or mobile number) and password.
- Fill in the Captcha code and click login. You’ll be taken to the user dashboard.
- Provide your personal details to start the complaint registration process.
- Select the complaint department or category, complaint sub-category, and location (district).
- Write your complaint with a maximum of 400 words, including its title and description.
- If you’ve previously filed a complaint on the same issue, check the box.
- Attach the required documents and provide other details. Finally, click “Submit” to submit your complaint.
Checking the Status of Your Complaint
If you want to check the status of your complaint on the Connect Punjab Portal, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of Connect Punjab.
- Click on the “Track Grievance” option, leading to a new page.
- Enter your complaint registration number and 10-digit mobile number in the form.
- Fill in the Captcha code and click “Proceed.” You’ll see the status of your grievance on your screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Connect Complaint Portal is available to all residents of Punjab. Anyone living in Punjab can use this online grievance platform.
Punjab residents can register their complaints through the Connect Complaint Portal by submitting them online.
The main goal of the Connect Complaint Portal is to allow residents to submit their complaints online directly. This makes services faster and more accessible, saving residents time.
To register on the Connect Complaint Portal Grievance Portal, you’ll need an active mobile number, email ID, and Aadhar card details.