The Indian government is taking significant steps towards digitization, aligning with the ‘Make in India’ initiative. A new portal, Gati Shakti Sanchar, has been launched as a part of the National Broadband Mission. Its purpose is to provide broadband access to every citizen, offer government services on demand, and empower the population digitally. In this article, we will delve into the details of the sugamsanchar.gov.in Portal, its objectives, benefits, and the services it offers.
What is Gati Shakti Sanchar Portal?
The Gati Shakti Sanchar Portal, inaugurated by Ashwini Vaishnaw, the Union Minister for Communications, Electronics, and IT, serves as a centralized platform for granting Right of Way (RoW) approvals. The aim is to ensure equal access to broadband services, especially in rural areas. While mobile internet is widespread, broadband offers unique advantages.
Gati Shakti Sanchar Portal Objectives:
The portal’s primary goal is to streamline and expedite permissions for laying fiber and installing towers, ultimately facilitating the rollout of 5G. It is crucial to establish a robust infrastructure backbone for this purpose, and the Department of Telecommunications is committed to achieving this. The portal aligns with the National Digital Communication Policy-2’s vision of “Broadband for All” and promotes the ease of doing business in the telecom infrastructure sector.
Gati Shakti Sanchar Portal Features:
- Expedited RoW Application Processing: The portal accelerates the approval process for RoW applications from various service and infrastructure providers, enabling faster infrastructure development and 5G deployment.
- Simplified Application Process: Telecom service providers (TSPs) and infrastructure providers (IPs) can apply for RoW clearances to lay optical fiber cables and establish mobile towers in collaboration with State/UT Governments and local organizations.
- Enhanced Internet Speeds: The portal supports the fiberization of telecom towers nationwide, leading to faster internet speeds.
- Real-time Status Checks: A dashboard on the portal allows users to monitor the status of their applications at the state and district levels.
- Dedicated Customer Support: Users can contact the customer service center via phone or email for assistance.
- Collaboration with Key Ministries: The Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Road, Transport & Highways, and Ministry of Defense are closely associated with the portal.
Gati Shakti Sanchar Portal Benefits:
- Single-Point RoW Authorization: Users can request RoW authorization for any Indian state through a single platform.
- Accelerated Service Deployment: The portal expedites the rollout of 5G, tower fiberization, and broadband connectivity for individuals and organizations.
- Centralized Monitoring: The progress of application processing is centrally monitored, and users receive notifications regarding changes.
- Help Desk Accessibility: Users have access to a centralized help desk for assistance.
- Expedited Approvals: Pending applications are expedited through the Communications Ministry’s monitoring.
Gati Shakti Sanchar Portal Fees and Documents:
To check the fees applicable in your state and the required documents, visit the official website and click on the “Fee and Document Requirements” section under the application process on the homepage.
Gati Shakti Sanchar Portal Application Process:
- Visit the official website of Gati Shakti Sanchar.
- Click on the login button to access the homepage.
- If you are a first-time user, select “New Applicant Registration.”
- Enter your email and password and click the register button.
- A verification link will be sent to your email for confirmation.
- Provide your address information, select the state, and click continue.
- Submit your fresh request and pay the administrative fees.
- After approval, pay the infrastructure costs.
- Finally, download the electronic signing letter.
The Gati Shakti Sanchar Portal is a significant step towards achieving digital inclusivity in India. It streamlines the process of deploying broadband infrastructure and expedites the rollout of 5G. With its user-friendly features and benefits, it plays a crucial role in bridging the digital divide and promoting the ease of doing business in the telecom sector.