Apna Chandrayaan Portal: A Learning Resource for School Students
The Indian government has launched a new website and course modules called “Apna Chandrayaan” to help school students learn about the Chandrayaan-3 space mission. The portal offers a variety of activity-based learning materials, such as colouring books, online quizzes, and jigsaw puzzles. It also includes 10 specialized modules on Chandrayaan-3 that cover scientific, technological, and social aspects of the mission.
The Apna Chandrayaan Portal is designed to foster a scientific mindset, curiosity, problem-solving skills, and creativity in students. It is a valuable resource for all students, regardless of their age or academic level.
What is “Apna Chandrayaan Portal”?
“Apna Chandrayaan Portal” is a website created under the guidance of the Department of School Education & Literacy (DoSEL), Ministry of Education. It offers a wide range of activities and educational materials related to the Chandrayaan-3 mission.
Who Launched It?
The official launch of the portal was conducted in New Delhi by Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, the Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
What’s the Objective?
The primary goal of the Apna Chandrayaan Portal is to promote a scientific mindset among school students. It aims to nurture their curiosity, problem-solving skills, and creativity
Key features of the Apna Chandrayaan Portal
- Activity-based learning materials: The portal offers a variety of engaging and interactive activities like coloring books, online tests, and jigsaw puzzles related to India’s Chandrayaan mission that make learning about Chandrayaan-3 fun and exciting.
- Specialized modules: The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has developed 10 specialized modules on Chandrayaan-3 that provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the mission, from its scientific objectives to its technological challenges.
- High-Profile Launch: The launch event was attended by Dr. Sreedhara Panicker Somanath, the chairman of ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) and secretary of the Department of Space.
- Holistic approach: The portal covers all aspects of Chandrayaan-3, including its scientific, technological, and social dimensions. This helps students to develop a holistic understanding of the mission and its impact on India and the world.
- Accessible to all: The portal is free to use for all students, regardless of their age or academic level. It is also available in multiple languages, making it accessible to students from all over India.
Benefits of Using Apna Chandrayaan Portal
- Motivation and Confidence: The success of Chandrayaan-3 has been a significant achievement of the 21st century, inspiring the nation’s youth.
- Enhancing Learning: The portal’s user-friendly interface encourages students to learn independently and at their own pace.
- Fostering Scientific Temperament: Chandrayaan-3 has ignited interest in technology among students, which contributes to their scientific development.
- Atmanirbhar Bharat’s Strength: The mission highlights India’s self-reliance in space technology.
- Upcoming Gaganyaan Premiere: Students are encouraged to attend the Gaganyaan premiere on October 21, 2023, at 8:00 a.m.
Activities Available on Apna Chandrayaan Portal
The Apna Chandrayaan Portal has a variety of activities for students of all ages, including:
- Coloring books, dot-to-dot exercises, and color coding: These activities are designed to help young students improve their observation and awareness skills.
- Online quizzes: These quizzes are designed to test students’ knowledge of Chandrayaan-3 and space exploration in general.
- Jigsaw puzzles and picture builders: These activities are designed to help students develop their problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Graphic novels with motivational stories: These stories are designed to inspire students to learn more about space exploration and to pursue their dreams.
Students who score over 70% on the online quizzes will receive digital certificates, and the first 1000 winners will receive kid-friendly books.
How to register on the Apna Chandrayaan Portal
- Visit the official website: https://bharatonthemoon.ncert.gov.in/login.
- On the homepage, search for the login form and enter your email address and password.
- If you’re not already registered, click on the “Create Account” option.
- Fill out the application form with your details.
- Click “Register” to complete the process.
In conclusion, the Apna Chandrayaan Portal is a fantastic resource for students to explore the Chandrayaan-3 mission and develop their scientific knowledge and skills. It’s an opportunity to be a part of India’s space journey and be inspired by its incredible achievements. So, get registered and start your exciting journey of discovery today!