SSC MTS 2023 Preparation: SSC MTS Recruitment Exam is conducted annually by Staff Selection Commission. SSC MTS is a national level examination conducted for the post of Multi-Tasking Staff (Non-Technical). The commission will release the SSC MTS 2023 recruitment notification on June 14, 2023. So, candidates who are interested in applying should start their preparation now.
Any candidate can crack the exam if their full potential is ready. Candidates should understand that they can crack the exam only through constant study. Candidates can review the given article to get latest tips and tricks to crack the exam.
SSC MTS 2023 Preparation Tips
1. Understand the exam pattern
Knowing SSC MTS 2023 Exam Pattern is the first step of preparation. Candidates are advised to update themselves about the recruitment procedures. Commission has made changes in SSC MTS 2023 selection process. Paper 1 (Objective Test) followed by Document Test. There are four sections of total 270 marks.
Candidates should avoid answering the question if they are not sure of the answer as wrong answer carries negative mark of one mark.
2. Check the Revised Syllabus
Checking SSC MTS 2023 Syllabus is mandatory. It will help the candidates to know the topics covered in various subjects. Before starting the preparation, candidates must list all the topics in the syllabus. This will help them divide the topics for daily and weekly practice.
3. Prepare a study plan
During the preparation, it is essential to make a study plan which helps the candidates to cover the entire syllabus. Often, candidates make the mistake of saving easy subjects for last minute preparation. Note that candidates cannot master any subject without proper training.
4. Make a time table
The most important part of preparation is making a time table. It helps candidates keep track of what they have learned and what they still need to learn. An ideal time table involves preparing each subject daily with regular intervals.
Revision is one of the important parts of preparation. Candidates should schedule a revision time at regular intervals. This will help them know where they stand and how much they still need to learn. Revision also helps the candidates to memorize the studied topics.
6. Mock Test and Previous Years Exam Papers
Mock tests help candidates familiarize themselves with the screen. As the SSC MTS 2023 exam is time-based, it is very important for candidates to increase their speed. Also, it will help the candidates to know the type of question asked in the exam. Candidates can understand the weightage given to each subject by checking the previous years papers.
SSC MTS 2023 Preparation: Topic Wise Preparation Tips
1. Numerical and mathematical ability
- As compared to other sections, numerical and mathematical skills are relatively easy as general math questions are asked in this section. But candidates need to practice as they need time to solve math problems.
- Learn from the basics. First try to understand the concept and then solve 10-15 questions related to the particular topic.
- Candidates should regularly practice questions based on ratio and proportion, profit and loss, mensuration, number systems, decimals, fractions etc.
2. Reasoning ability and problem solving
- This section consists of 25 questions and if candidates practice well, they can easily answer more than 20 questions. The questions included in the exam are non-verbal type.
- This unit will test candidates’ ability to deal with symbolic abstraction, arithmetic operations and other analytical tasks.
- Candidates should focus on topics such as non-verbal series, spatial visualization, discriminative observation and figure classification. Candidates should practice 20-30 questions from various topics daily.
3.English Language and Comprehension
- English is a scoring subject of 70 marks and can take some time.
- Candidates should focus their primary focus on topic like Grammar, Vocabulary, Synonyms and Antonyms as these are major areas where candidates make mistakes.
- Candidates should also focus on reading comprehension. This topic will also help build strong vocabulary.
4. Public awareness
- The topic of public awareness is very broad. It is essential for candidates to take notes regularly so that they can memorize what they learn.
- Candidates should know that this section will save them a lot of time if they know the answers. Candidates should read the news and make a list of major headlines of current affairs.
- As there is negative marking in this section candidates should try to answer the questions for which they have accurate information.
SSC MTS 2023 Preparation FAQs
Ans- Candidates selection is based on paper 1 which is objective test followed by document verification round. Candidates who want to apply for MTS Havaldar need to go through an additional round after Paper 1 i.e. PET and PST rounds.
Answer-Candidates can crack the exam in their first attempt if they prepare and study properly.
Ans- If candidates concentrate on their practice with all their efforts and develop time management skills, they can crack the exam after three to four months of study.