SSC JE 2023 Exam Pattern: Staff Selection Commission Conducts SSC JE Exam for Junior Engineer Grade B Non-Gazetted Posts. It will release the notification of SSC JE 2023 on 26th July 2023.
Lakhs of candidates who have completed Engineering Degree/Diploma apply every year. Therefore, in order to develop effective study plans and pass the exam, it is crucial to be aware of the exam pattern.
Before checking the exam pattern, candidates must review the SSC JE 2023 selection process. Candidates must clear two phases (Paper 1 and Paper 2) of the written test to be selected. Based on the combined result of both the examinations, a merit list will be prepared.
SSC JE 2023 Exam Pattern Review
|SSC JE 2023 Exam Pattern||Overview|
|exam||SSC GD 2023|
|Managing Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Selection process||1- Paper 1
2- Paper 2
|Exam mode||Online: Paper 1 (CBT)
Offline: Paper 2 (Descriptive Exam)
|Language of Examination||Hindi/ English|
|Examination period||2 hours|
|Negative marking||-0.25 marks in Paper 1
There is no negative marking in Paper 2
Get complete exam format of SSC JE exam with information about categories, scoring system and time allotted in the given article.
SSC JE 2023 Exam Pattern: Paper 1
The first phase of the exam consists of objective type questions only. Keep in mind that applicants must meet the cutoff set by SSC to proceed to further rounds.
The marks obtained in this round will be added while preparing the merit list. Candidates can review the exam pattern in the table below.
|Sections||Total questions||Total Marks||duration|
|Common sense and logic||50||50|
|Part A-General Engineering (Civil)
Part B-General Engineering (Mechanical)
Part C-General Engineering (Electrical)
- There are 200 multiple choice questions of total 200 marks.
- Candidates have 2 hours to complete the entire section. Note that candidates with scribes will have an additional 40 minutes.
- There are three sections in total with negative marking of 0.25 points for each wrong response.
- There are three parts to the general engineering department. Applicants must test the general engineering discipline of their choice when submitting their application. Candidates must review the detailed SSC JE 2023 Syllabus to know the topics covered in each subject.
SSC JE 2023 Exam Pattern: Paper 2
The second test is conducted offline using pen and paper. Note that the exam has only one subject-specific section. Review the exam pattern of Paper 2 below.
|Part A- General Engineering (Civil and Structure)
Part B- General Engineering (Electrical)
Part C- General Engineering (Mechanical)
- Paper 2 consists of descriptive questions only. The exam will be offline. Also candidates will get question paper and answer sheet.
- The question will be asked in relation to the relevant discipline (civil, mechanical or electrical).
- There is no negative marking in this descriptive test.
- The exam carries a total of 300 marks and candidates are given 2 hours to complete the paper.
- SSC will publish the result of Paper 2 and the combined result of Paper 1 and Paper 2. Based on the combined result, the merit list will be prepared.
SSC JE 2023 Exam Pattern FAQs
Answer- Yes, paper 1 has negative marking of 0.25 marks but paper 2 has no negative marking.
Answer-SSC JE 2023 Syllabus includes General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness and General Engineering in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering disciplines.
Answer- Yes, students can write the exam in either Hindi or English.
Ans- There are two written tests namely Paper 1 and Paper 2.