RRB JE 2023 Preparation Tips: RRB JE Exam is a national level competitive exam conducted annually by the Railway Recruitment Board. The exam is conducted to recruit candidates for various posts like JE, JE(IT), DMS, CMA. Lakhs of candidates apply for this exam which ultimately increases the competition. Therefore, candidates must be aware of the strategies, techniques and critical factors that will enable them to succeed at each level of the hiring process.
Candidates must follow a strict preparation schedule. With the right study material, candidates can plan and build a better strategy and score high exam scores easily. Get expert strategies and subject-specific tips to excel in the RRB JE 2023 recruitment exam.
RRB JE 2023 Highlights
|RB JE 2023||Highlights|
|Post||JE, JE-IT, DMS, CMA|
|Conducting||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Selection process||CBT 1
|RRB Official Website||https://rrcb.gov.in|
RRB JE 2023 Syllabus
Knowing the detailed RRB JE 2023 Syllabus is the first step towards preparation. It will enable the candidates to know the subject and topics covered in the exam. The RRB JE 2023 selection process is divided into 4 phases in which the first two phases include computer-based examination followed by document verification and medical examination.
|CBT 1||CBT 2|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Physics and Chemistry|
|General awareness||Fundamentals of computer application|
|General Science||Fundamentals of Environment and Pollution Control|
RRB JE 2023 Preparation Tips
The best way to cover the entire syllabus is to divide each topic topic wise. This will help them keep track of their weak and strong subjects. The exam is conducted through online mode, so candidates should focus on their time management skills. Get expert tips to crack online CBT exam below.
1. Check the exam pattern
Candidates should check the RRB JE 2023 Exam Pattern released along with the recruitment notification. The exam pattern is divided into two parts: CBT 1 and CBT 2. CBT 1 consists of 4 sections with a total score of 100, while CBT 2 consists of 5 sections with a total score of 150.
Remember that each wrong answer will result in 1/3 deduction from the final score. Candidates should therefore refrain from answering questions they are not sure about.
2. Make a time table
Preparing a study schedule is an important part of preparation. Without a schedule, candidates can cover the syllabus and track what they have studied and what is left to study.
Candidates should divide the time equally for each subject. Making weekly and monthly timetables before starting the preparation is an ideal approach to cover the entire syllabus.
3. Selection of books for preparation
When it comes to choosing the right preparation books, many candidates get confused. Candidates should strictly follow only two or three books for their preparation. Candidates will benefit from choosing the best RRB JE 2023 preparation books from reputed publishers.
Once candidates are clear about the concept, they can move on to several solved question and answer series available online and offline.
4. Mock test and previous year paper
After completing the complete syllabus, candidates should start writing the mock test. This helps them to know where they stand and which subject or topic needs revision. It also helps to understand the nature of the exam. A practice test will help the candidates to identify the high weightage topics.
Revision is the last and most important step in preparation. Applicants should keep separate time in their schedule for revision. Revision enables candidates to focus on their weaker sections. Candidates should revise at least once a week to ensure that they understand the concepts and basics of all the topics.
RRB JE 2023 Preparation Tips: Topic Wise Preparation Strategies
Tips for Maths Preparation
- Proportion and Proportion, HCF, LCM, Menstruation, Percentage, SI and CI, Profit and Loss, Time and Distance, Geometry, etc. are some of the important topics covered in the exam.
- Candidates cannot solve any question if they are not clear about the concept and basics. Therefore, the primary focus of the candidates should be on learning the concept.
- To increase their speed, candidates should solve as many questions as possible on various topics covered in the exam.
Tips for preparing reasoning
- Reasoning tests the thinking skills of the candidates and is one of the scoring sections of the exam.
- Statement- Argument and Inference, Syllogism, Arithmetic Operations, Coding and Decoding, Analogy, Venn Diagram and Blood Relation are some of the important topics of the exam.
- Candidates can score better by practicing 20-25 questions on various topics daily.
General Science Preparation Tips
- This section contains questions related to Physics, Chemistry and Science up to class 10th. Candidates can check the NCERT book for classes 8-10 to know the syllabus covered in the exam.
- For Physics, practice and write quick notes on derivative formulas and diagrams.
- For Chemistry, candidates should examine organic and inorganic chemical equations. Candidates should go through Biology flow chart and diagrams.
Tips for preparing general awareness
- General Awareness section is one of the easiest sections to score if the candidates keep themselves up-to-date with current affairs.
- Aspirants should note down all the important dates and events as it will help them during their revision.
- Candidates should read news from reliable sources. Some of the best newspapers for preparation are The Hindu, TOI, Hindustan Times etc.
Computer Awareness Preparation Tips
- In CBT 2 round, RRB JE Computer Application Basic section is worth 10 points.
- Practice analytical examples and application flowcharts to gain practical knowledge of the topics.
- Try to practice basic OOP fundamentals in languages like Java, C, C++ etc.
Environment and pollution control
- Candidates should examine topics like air pollution, noise pollution, environmental laws, water pollution and Earth Summit meetings.
- Candidates can refer school level books to prepare this section.
- Candidates should also review previous years exam papers to know the type of questions asked in the exam.
Tips for preparing technical skills
- The syllabus of technical skills varies depending on the post. Candidates should devote more time to the section as it carries 100 marks.
- Technical aptitude includes questions from various engineering disciplines like Electronic, Electrical, Computer, Civil, Instrumentation and Measurement, IT, Mechanical and Printing Press based questions.
- Make notes for each topic. If there are any formulas, equations, or other critical information, be sure to write them down and practice them regularly.
RRB JE 2023 Preparation FAQs
Answer-The difficulty level of RRB JE 2023 exam is Moderate to Difficult.
Answer-Yes, each wrong answer carries negative marking of 1/3 mark.
Ans-Candidates need sincere effort and 5-6 months of preparation to crack an exam.