Magalir Urimai Togai Scheme:- The Government of Tamil Nadu is making significant efforts for the development of the state and implementation of several state government welfare schemes for the livelihood of women, children and farmers. The budget for the financial year 2023-2024 has included several government initiatives launched by the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister this year. Read below to check detailed information related to this Women’s Entitlement Scheme Highlights, Objectives, Features, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Steps to Apply for Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme and more.
Tamil Nadu Magalir Urimai Togai Scheme 2023
In the budget year 2023-2024, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Shri MK Stalin stated that his administration will launch a financial assistance scheme for the state’s women. Around 1 million women in Tamil Nadu will benefit from the state government’s Universal Basic Income scheme thanks to the Magalir Urimai Togai scheme recently introduced by the Tamil Nadu government. Scheme of providing help of Rs. 1000 per month has been allocated in the budget. 7000 crores by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Online and offline registration of the scheme will start on September 15, 2023, the birthday of late Chief Minister CN Annadurai.
Tamil Nadu Marriage Registration
Women’s Entitlement Amount Scheme Details in Highlights
|name||Magalir Urimai Togai Project|
|started with||Chief Minister MK Stalin|
|Beneficiaries||Women in Tamil Nadu|
|Start of registration||15 September 2023|
Objective of Magalir Urimai Togai Project
The main objective of the program is to deposit government financial assistance payments into women’s bank accounts, eliminating their need to pay others for household expenses.
Features of Magalir Urimai Togai Project
Some of the salient features of the Women’s Entitlement Scheme are as follows:
- Monthly financial contribution is given to the women of the state
- Recipients are encouraged to take advantage of the program
- Work to improve the quality of life of women
- To empower and liberate eligible women
Benefits of Magalir Urimai Togai Project
Some of the key benefits of the Magalir Urimai Togai Project are as follows:
- Through this program women heads of households in the state will get financial assistance from the government.
- Eligible recipients will get this money instantly deposited into their bank accounts.
- The amount given as part of the program has been fixed at Rs. 1000.
- Women of the state will be financially empowered by availing the benefits of the scheme.
- This program will help in financing large LPG gas cylinders.
- Both online and offline submissions are welcome for the scheme.
- To ensure that every eligible beneficiary can avail the scheme, it will be rolled out across the state.
Eligibility criteria for the same Magalir Urimai Togai Project
Applicants applying for the Women’s Entitlement Scheme must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Beneficiaries should be permanent residents of Tamil Nadu.
- There will be coverage for several categories like old age, disabled, widows and single women.
- Only female heads of household get money.
- The scheme does not provide benefits to women currently employed by the federal or state governments.
Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine
Documents Required for Women’s Entitlement Scheme
Some important documents required for the scheme are as follows:
- Aadhaar Card
- mobile number
- Domicile Certificate of Tamil Nadu
- Income certificate
- Bank account
- Ration card
- Self declaration
- Family details
- Death certificate of husband (in case of widow).
Application Procedures Magalir Urimai Togai Project
Applicants need to follow the steps given below to apply for the Women’s Entitlement Scheme
- First, go to Official website ie, https://www.tn.gov.in/
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on Apply Online link
- Once you click on the link, an application form will open on the screen
- Now, fill the form with all the required details like name, email id, mobile number and address.
- After that upload all required documents
- Finally, click on the submit button to complete the application process
Women’s Rights Amount Scheme Budget
Around one crore women in the state are covered under the Tamil Nadu Magalir Urimai Togai scheme. To achieve this high coverage, the State Government of Tamil Nadu will allocate Rs 7000 crore for the implementation of the programme. Beneficiaries will get the benefits of the scheme only after paying this amount.