WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme:- West Bengal Chief Minister has launched a new scheme to help all the poor people of West Bengal, this new scheme is known as West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme. Today in this article, we will discuss various important features and benefits of the project. We have written a step-by-step guide through which you can apply West Bengal Joy Bangla Project. We have also provided the important dates for the scheme and also we have provided the eligibility criteria and important documents required to apply for the scheme.
West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme 2023
The West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme has been launched in phases. These two phases will individually benefit the socially backward classes of our society namely Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. The scheme introduced for the Scheduled Caste category is known as Tapasli Bandhu Pension Scheme. The scheme introduced for the Scheduled Tribes category is known as Jai Johar Scheme. Both these schemes will benefit different castes and classes of the society.
Details of WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
|Name||West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of West Bengal|
|Beneficiary||Residents of the state|
|Purpose||Payment of pension|
Benefits of Jai Bangla Pension Scheme
West Bengal Bangla Pension Scheme has many benefits announced by West Bengal State Finance Minister Shri Amit Mitra. Firstly, two schemes will be launched under West Bengal Joy Bangla Scheme. Two separate schemes will be provided for the residents of the state of West Bengal so that they can avail the benefits of the scheme separately. Each scheme has different types of incentives available under them.
Incentives under the scheme
Below is the list of incentives that will be offered to residents of West Bengal:-
- 600 will be given to all the beneficiaries in Tapasali Bandhu Pension Scheme.
- In Jai Johar scheme, all the beneficiaries will be given Rs.1000.
Joy Bangla Pension SchemeEligibility Criteria
To be eligible for West Bengal Pension Scheme you need to follow the following eligibility criteria mentioned below:-
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal State.
- Applicant must belong to BPL category.
- An applicant must belong to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe community.
- Applicant age should not be more than 60 years
- The applicant should not be enrolled in any other pension scheme of the State of West Bengal.
Features of WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
- Beneficiaries will get the benefits directly into their bank accounts
- The government is soon going to launch a separate portal for this scheme
- approx. 21 lakh people of the state will get benefit of this scheme
- Any candidate belonging to SC/ST who is Aged/Widow/PwD can apply.
- However, the government has not finalized the budget
Documents required for application
Following documents are required while applying for West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme:-
- Passport photograph
- Copy of caste certificate
- Copy of digital certificate from appropriate authority
- a copy of Digital Ration Card
- Copy of Aadhaar Card, if available
- Copy of Voter ID
- Copy of Residence Certificate (Self Declaration)
- Copy of Income Certificate (Self Declaration)
- Copy of bank pass book
In case of death
If the candidate of West Bengal Pension Scheme dies within the period of pension, the concerned authority shall adopt the following procedures:-
- In case of death of the applicant for pension and after proper verification of such information, the department will take steps for discontinuance of pension.
- In case of death of the pensioner, the due amount will be released to the nominee as indicated in the application form.
West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme Application Process
To apply for West Bengal Joy Bangla Scheme you need to follow the below application procedure:-
- After landing on the homepage, click on the option known as West Bengal Bangla Pension Scheme Registration
- The application form will appear on your screen.
- You can also get this application form from your nearest government office.
- Click on the given link to download the application directly to your computer
- Fill out the application form.
- Take a print out of the application form and fill in the details like beneficiary name, gender, DOB, age, father’s name, mother’s name, caste etc.
- Then attach the listed documents
- You have to submit your filled application form as per your locality to the following office-
- Block Development Officer if the applicant resides in a rural area
- Sub-Divisional Officer in case of applicant residing in Municipal/Notified Area outside Calcutta Municipal Corporation
- Commissioner of Kolkata Municipal Corporation if the applicant resides in Kolkata Municipal Corporation area.
Points to rememberWhile filling the application form
- Only fill the application form with correct details in the block letter
- Remember to fill in the mandatory columns
- Submit only one self-attested copy of the documents
- Passport size photograph should be attached in the application form
Joy Bangla Pension Beneficiary Selection Procedure
After you submit the form concerned authority will adopt the following selection procedure:-
- Application forms will be duly verified by BDO/SDO or Commissioner of KMC
- They will confirm the eligibility of the applicants under the scheme.
- All physically submitted eligible forms will be digitized by BDO/SDO 0r Commissioner of KMC and uploaded on State Portal.
- BDO and SDO will recommend names of eligible persons in digitized form to District Magistrate through state portal.
- The district magistrate will then send it to the nodal department.
- Commissioner, KMC will recommend the names of eligible persons directly to the nodal department through the state portal.
- The nodal department will sanction the pension
- Payment will be made directly to the beneficiary’s bank account through the WBIFMS portal.
- State portal will be integrated with WBIFMS for seamless flow of pension disbursement
- Pension will be sanctioned on 1st of every month.