IBPS RRB Preparation Strategy 2023: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts IBPS RRB 2023 recruitment exam every year for the posts of Office Assistant (Clerk) and Officer Grades (I, II & III).
Every year, thousands of applications are filed for various posts in IBPS RRB 2023 and candidates who successfully qualify all the selection stages are allotted jobs in Regional Rural Banks (RRB) across the country.
IBPS RRB 2023 Latest News
16-Jan-2023: IBPS Official Exam Calendar 2023-24 Released
24-Jan-2023: Top Upcoming Banking Exams 2023
Every year competition is fierce due to limited number of seats and huge number of applications filled for recruitment. Hence, it is very important for aspirants to prepare and follow a proper preparation strategy that will help them manage their time and tackle important subjects.
There is always a tough competition among candidates to crack the exam and get a job in the banking sector. So, before starting the preparations, candidates should be well aware of the necessary details regarding the exam like selection process, exam pattern, syllabus, exam preparation tips etc.
|IBPS RRB 2023 Selection Process Summary|
|Managing Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|position||Office Assistant, Officer Scale I, II & III|
|Exam Dates:||Office Assistant & Officer Scale I (Pre): August 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 2023
Office Assistant Mains: 16 September 2023
Officer Scale I Mains/ Officer Scale II & II Single Exam: 10 September 2023
|Method of Examination||Online|
|Educational qualification||Varies according to the post you have applied for|
Quick links related to IBPS RRB 2023
IBPS RRB 2023 Eligibility Criteria
IBPS RRB 2023 Exam Pattern- Prelims and Mains
IBPS RRB 2023 Syllabus for Prelims and Mains
IBPS RRB 2023 Selection Process
IBPS RRB 2023 selection process varies from post to post. Office Assistants and Scale I Officers will have two stages of written examination i.e. a Preliminary and Mains Examination, while Scale II and III Officers will have a single examination. Interview round is the final stage of the selection process for all the posts in RRB 2023 exams except Office Assistant.
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Clerk)||Preliminary Exam
|IBPS RRB Scale I Officer (PO)||Preliminary Exam
|IBPS RRB Scale II & III Officer||One online exam
IBPS RRB 2023 Exam Pattern- Pre & Mains
Institute of Banking Personnel Section conducts preliminary examination every year for two posts of Office Assistant (Clerk) and Officer Scale I (PO). Check the IBPS RRB 2023 Exam Pattern details in the tables given below:
The preliminary examination is the first step in the recruitment process for these two posts.
|total||80||80||Combined time of 45 minutes|
Candidates who clear the cut off prescribed by IBPS for the preliminary exam appear for the main exams. Exam Pattern of IBPS RRB Clerk & PO Mains Exam/Scale II & III Single Online Exam is given below in the table.
|subject||The question||Mark||Length of time|
|Quantitative Aptitude/Data Interpretation||40||50|
|General Awareness/Financial Awareness||40||40|
|total||200||200||2 hours joint time|
IBPS RRB 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates who have applied for IBPS RRB 2023 should follow these preparation tips so that they can do their exam preparation smartly and more efficiently.
1- Understand the syllabus
If you are preparing for IBPS RRB 2023 with the aim of getting selection this year, then the first thing you need to do is to “Understand the Syllabus” of IBPS RRB. Syllabus of IBPS RRB is almost same every year so you need to have good understanding about IBPS RRB 2023 Syllabus to facilitate your preparation.
2- Create a study plan/time table
Make a proper study plan or timetable that will help you improve your preparation. Make sure you follow it honestly every day. Don’t spend the whole day solving similar questions; Give more time to the subjects or subjects in which you are weak.
3- Choose the right preparation book
Candidates applying for IBPS RRB 2023 must know which book to improve their preparation. Buy IBPS RRB 2023 exam books only from reputed and trusted publishers. Before buying a book, you should check its reviews online. Avoid preparing a section from multiple sources as it can create confusion.
4- Practice mock tests
Practicing mock tests helps you a lot while preparing for online competitive exams, especially banking exams. It helps you get used to using the online interface so that when you actually appear for the bank exams, it will be easy for you to understand the online process of the exam without any confusion.
Also, you will learn in which category you need to improve your accuracy and efforts. After giving the mock test, you should analyze it properly to accept your mistakes and work on them.
Revision is the most important step to take while preparing for any exam as it helps you remember important formulas, small tricks and other concepts you have learned so far.
IBPS RRB 2023 Preparation Strategy- Subject wise
Do IBPS RRB 2023 Exams Topic wise preparation to free up your time and upgrade candidates preparation. Identify your weak section and devote most of your study time to that section.
Time management for each section ie Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English/Hindi Language, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge will play a crucial role in improving your preparation.
- The Reasoning Ability section assesses your logical reasoning skills, such as your ability to think logically.
- Puzzles play an important role in your selection so you should practice atleast 2 or 3 puzzles daily to make this subject strong.
- Other important topics in Reasoning section are kinship, coding and decoding, alphanumeric series, order ranking, seating arrangement etc.
- This section carries 40 marks in the preliminary exam and 50 marks in the main/single exam.
Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability
- The first and most important thing to do in Quant section is to make your basics precise and clear; Otherwise, it will be very difficult for you.
- Once you understand the basic concepts, you should start practicing quizzes on topics like simplification, approximation, and quadratic equation.
- Apart from that, you should have a good command over data interpretation and mathematical disciplines including topics like mean, percentage, ratio, ages, CI & SI, problems in train, time and distance, time and work, pipe & cisterns. , Boat & Streams etc.
- This section will give you two options. Either you can try English section or Hindi section. This is a great opportunity for those who are weak in English.
- Whichever option you choose, you should improve your vocabulary and understand the principles of clear grammar. If you have good reading skills, you will have no trouble cracking this section.
- As there is no section timing in IBPS RRB 2023 exam, candidates should know that General Awareness section saves a lot of time there which can be spent on other time consuming sections like Reasoning, English and Quant.
- You should prepare well for important subjects like Current Affairs, Static GK, Financial Awareness, Headquarters, Appointments etc. This section will be most beneficial for your overall score.
- This section consists of 40 questions and carries 20 marks.
- This section includes questions on basic knowledge like Computer Basics, History of Computer, Internet, Software, Hardware, Shortcut Keys, MS Office, Viruses, Date Base etc.
- The best way in this section is to preview previous year questions; It will help you a lot while preparing and will give you a general idea about the questions asked in this section.
IBPS RRB 2023 Interview Preparation
- Candidates should focus more on their communication skills as this will boost your confidence and you will not get nervous in the interviewers.
- Applicants should keep themselves updated about current events and banking/finance related topics.
- Applicants must have good knowledge of banking and financial terminology.
- Candidates should be relevant while answering the questions.
- Also, candidates can view online classes for interview preparation.
IBPS RRB 2023 FAQs
A. 4 to 5 hours of daily study is enough to crack IBPS RRB 2023.
A. Stages in IBPS RRB 2023 Exam vary from post to post.
A. There will be no Descriptive Tests in IBPS RRB Mains/Single Exam.