EPF Claim Status Online, how Check EPF Claim Status Under Miss Call, SMS, UAN Number, Tracking ID, Process Form
After requesting EPF withdrawal, employees can check the PF status of the claim. Since the introduction of EPFO Universal Account No (UAN), withdrawal of EPF funds is easy and can be done online. However, employees have to activate their UAN to claim EPF amount online. On the EPFO portal, the activation procedure can be completed. Read below to get detailed information about EPF claim status related highlights, steps to check EPF claim status using EPFO portal, missed call, SMS, UMANG app and more.
EPF Claim Status 2023
Employees Provident Fund (EPF) It is a government-backed savings program designed to help workers meet their retirement obligations. Government Provident Fund (GPF) is EPF for government employees. EPF or GPF is abbreviated as PF. Under the PF program, monthly contribution is made by both the employee and the employer to the employee’s EPF account. The minimum contribution should be 12% of an employee’s basic income. A contribution of 12% from the basic income of the employee or the company is also required. Employees can check their PF claim status online or offline if they want to withdraw money from their PF account and submit a claim.
PF Withdrawal Rules
EPF Claim Status Highlights
|name||EPF Claim Status|
|started with||Employees Provident Fund Organization|
|Methods to Check EPF Claim Status||EPFO PortalMissed CallSMSUMANG app|
Who is eligible to submit EPF claim?
Under the following conditions, anyone having an EPF account will be considered eligible to receive the accumulated money.
- After retirement: Post-retirement account holders above 55 years of age are eligible to claim the entire EPF corpus. On the other hand, those who opt for early retirement are not eligible to receive the full value.
- Before retirement: Up to 90% of an employee’s EPF corpus can be claimed before retirement if they are 54 years of age and retire within one year.
- If someone is unemployed: If an account holder is out of work for more than a month, they may be entitled to receive up to 75% of their EPF corpus. However, they will be forced to transfer 25% of it to their EPF account when they start a new job. A person can collect their entire EPF corpus if they are unemployed for more than two months.
EPF Interest Rate
Information Required to Check EPF Claim Status
Information required to check EPF claim status is as follows:
- Universal Account Number (UAN)
- Employer details
- EPF Regional Office of your employer
- Extension Code (if applicable)
Steps to Check EPF Claim Status Using EPFO Portal
To check EPF claim status using EPFO portal, user needs to follow below steps:
- First, go to Official website Employees Provident Fund Organization, India (EPFO)
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Then click on Services tab For employees option, a new page will open
- Click on Know your claim status, then a new page will open
- Click on Click here to redirect to passbook application
- The login page will open
- Now, enter your Universal Account Number (UAN), Password and Captcha Code to login to your registered account.
- Once you have successfully logged in, your account’s dashboard will open on the screen
- Click on View Claim Status option
- Finally, the EPF claim status will open.
Procedure to Check EPF Claim Status through a Missed Call
Using their registered cellphone number, employees can make a missed call to 011-22901406 to know the status of their PF claim. However an employee should link their cell number to their UAN. An employee has to update their Permanent Account Number (PAN), Aadhaar and bank account details on the UAN portal. As the call is automatically disconnected after two rings, an employee is not charged in any way. An SMS containing claim information will be sent to an employee’s registered mobile number.
Procedure to Check EPF Claim Status via SMS
By sending an SMS, employees can track the status of their claims. The SMS should be sent from the cell phone number linked to the employee UAN portal. The SMS should be sent to 7738299899 and formatted as “EPFOHO UAN LAN”. The language in which the employee prefers to receive information is the LAN indicated in the format. Below is a list of several languages and code combinations supported by the SMS capability:
Procedure to Check EPF Claim Status through UMANG App
To check EPF claim status through UMANG app, user needs to follow below steps:
- First, open Play Store or App Store on your smart device
- Now, search for UMANG app, download and install the app on your device
- Now, open the UMANG app
- Now, two options will be available to login to your registered account, namely,
- Now, enter your mobile number and select one of the options
- If you select Login with OTP, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the received OTP in the specified space and click on the login button
- Now, you will be redirected to EPFO portal main page.
- Now, select Employee-Centric Services
- After that, click on track clam option
- A new page will open where you can check your claim status
Thank you for reading.